All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn indispensable compendium of essential kwledge and troubleshooting tips. This book packs in the combined wisdom of two successful jewelry-makers who are consummate problem solvers. Together they show the reader how to fix common mistakes, improvise tools and discover ways to save money, such as recycling gold and other precious metal scraps. From beading to setting a stone, understanding annealing to soldering silver chain, 200 Tips, Techniques and Trade Secrets for Jewelry Making shows how to experiment and invate to create unique jewelry designs. The topics and methods covered enable any jewelry maker to achieve a striking and professional look to their earrings, necklaces, rings and more. Techniques are demonstrated in clear directions and step-by-step color photographs. Try It tips encourage invation and Fix It solutions help with problems. The book includes:
- Metal Jewelry Basics -- Health and safety, basic metalwork, buying metals, laying out a workshop, tools
- Working with Metals -- Cutting out, filing, soldering and joining, shaping and texturing, drilling, finishing and polishing, stones and setting, using metal clay
- Simple Jewelry Designs -- Designing, using templates, hallmarking and recycling; designs for earrings, rings, necklaces and bracelets, brooches
- Threading and Finishing -- Tools, findings and materials, threading and crimping, spacing, decorative ktting, fastening, using elastic and leather
- Using Wire and Metal -- Loops, making findings, working with chain, jump rings and chain mail, wire knitting and crocheting, punching and riveting
- Experimenting with New Materials -- Resins.
- Author BiographyXuella Arnold is a jewelry designer/maker with a degree in jewelry and silversmithing. She teaches silver and metal clay jewelry and is the author of Precious Metal Clay, and co-author of The Encyclopedia of Wire Jewelry Techniques. Sara Withers designs and makes jewelry based on her love of beads. She teaches jewelry making at colleges and art centers, and is the author of eight books, including The Encyclopedia of Wire Jewelry Techniques.
- Author(s)Sara Withers,Xuella Arnold
- PublisherFirefly Books
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFirefly Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width193 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.47Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.