All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionCoaching Youth Basketball is challenging in many ways for the adults who undertake the task. While many club and youth league coaches have a good understanding of how to play the game of basketball, these same coaches often struggle to find ways to teach the skills, tactics and strategies need to have success in the sport of basketball. 201 Drills for Youth Basketball provides the solution to this challenge. Included in this 400+ page manual are drills for: --Man-to-Man Defense --Competitive Rebounding --Lay-ups --Free Throws --Shooting Drills --Fast Break Drills --Drills for Essential Fundamentals Illustrated with extensive diagrams, each drill is described in as concise a manner as possible. Use the drills as described in the book, adapt the drills to your own specific team and the requirements of the players or use the drills as a basis to design your own drills. Eight time Coach of the Year award winner Kevin Sivils has shared many of his favorite drills that helped his varsity teams win nearly 500 games in 22 seasons. Also included in the book are brief suggestions for planning practice, selecting drills and guidelines for planning to develop shooters.
- Author BiographyA 27 year veteran of the coaching profession, with twenty-two of those years spent as a varsity head coach, Coach Kevin Sivils amassed 479 wins and his TEAMs earned berths in the state play-offs 19 out of 22 seasons with his TEAMs advancing to the state semi-finals three times. An eight time Coach of the Year Award winner, Coach Sivils has traveled as far as the Central African Republic to conduct coaching clinics. Coach Sivils first coaching stint was as an assistant coach for his college alma mater, Greenville College, located in Greenville, Illinois. Coach Sivils holds a BA with a major in physical education and a minor in social studies from Greenville College and a MS in Kinesiology with a specialization in Sport Psychology from Louisiana State University. He also holds a Sport Management certification from the United States Sports Academy. In addition to being a basketball coach, Coach Sivils is a classroom instructor and has taught U.S. Government, U.S. History, the History of WW II, and Physical Education and has won awards for excellence in teaching and Teacher of the Year. He has served as an Athletic Director and Assistant Athletic Director and has also been involved in numerous professional athletic organizations. Sivils is married to the former Lisa Green of Jackson, Michigan, and the happy couple are the proud parents of three children, Danny, Katie, and Emily. Rounding out the Sivils family are four dogs, Angel, Darcy, and Italian Greyhounds Berkeley and Sammy. A native of Louisiana, Coach Sivils currently resides in the Great State of Texas.
- Author(s)Kevin Sivils
- Date of Publication18/07/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Court & Indoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.