Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $74.75Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNewly built hotels are being admired throughout the world by travelers and architects, and this strikingly illustrated survey, featuring over 200 full-color photographs, highlights the best new designs. In the past several years, hoteliers have responded ever more boldly to their guests' demands for both luxury and aesthetic sophistication. The result has been the emergence of new trends in hotel design, which at one extreme increasingly blur the border between lodging, lifestyle, and living theatre, and at the other seek to reinvent the more discreet manners and style of the grand hotels of the late nineteenth century. This visually exciting volume by ted design writer Graham Vickers provides a timely overview of these trends, profiling fewer than thirty-seven of the world's most teworthy new hotels, from the lavishly appointed Ritz-Carlton Miami to a Quebec hotel constructed entirely of sw and ice. Vickers skillfully clarifies the distinctions between the various strands of contemporary hotel design by dividing the book into categorical chapters: Traditional Interpretations surveys luxury hotels a la the Four Seasons; Mainstream Experiments highlights fresh takes on the conventional business or tourist hotel concept; Original Ideas presents hotels with a special theme or purpose; Designer Hotels focuses on the unique creations of celebrated interior designers; and Architectural Significance covers hotels based in exceptional buildings. The commentaries on individual hotels within these chapters are illustrated by a total of 210 color photographs, as well as the designers' own plans and elevations. Additional features-a concise introduction to the cultural context of hotel design, a complete list of featured architects and designers, and a full index-make this book an appealing and useful guide for both the hospitality professionals who operate hotels and the travelers who stay in them.
- Author BiographyGraham Vickers is a freelance writer specializing in design, architecture, and advertising. His previous books include Key Moments in Architecture (1998) and Rewind: 40 Years of Design and Advertising (2002; with Jeremy Myerson). He contributes to numerous magazines and publications including Shots and Creative Review.
- Author(s)Graham Vickers
- PublisherAbbeville Press Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication09/06/2005
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1719 g
- Width235 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.