22 Accessible Road Trips: Travel Ideas for Wheelers and Slow Walkers by Candy B. Harrington (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.41+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- Description22 Accessible Road Trips contains useful and detailed information about accessible travel, that's readable, informative and pertinent. The book is aimed at those who use wheelchairs, walkers or just have mobility issues. Organised geographically, the book is divided into 22 chapters, with each chapter detailing a loop driving route that can be completed in approximately 2-3 weeks. The routes are spaced throughout the US, with each route having a theme or a commonality. Each route begins in a gateway city with a major airport, so the trips can also be completed as fly-drive packages. And of course they can always be broken up into shorter trips, or even day excursions. Flexibility is the key with this book, with plenty of opportunity to personalise each route to meet individual tastes, time frames and budgets. Candy includes details about accessible lodging, sites, trails, attractions and restaurants. She also gives readers a real flavour of the drives, with off-the-beaten-path finds, unique roadside attractions and rural driving routes also included. After all, accessibility is in the eye of the beholder; and what may be accessible to one person can be filled with obstacles to someone else.
- Author BiographyKnown as the guru of accessible travel, Candy Harrington has covered accessible travel exclusively for the past 15 years. She's the founding editor of Emerging Horizons and the author of several accessible travel titles, including the classic, Barrier Free Travel; A Nuts and Bolts Guide for Wheelers and Slow Walkers. Harrington's second book, There Is Room at the Inn; Inns and B&Bs for Wheelers and Slow Walkers, is the first guidebook devoted entirely to accessible inns and B while her third title 101 Accessible Vacations; Travel ideas for Wheelers and Slow Walkers , is billed as an accessible vacation idea book Candy is also a contributing author to Kids On Wheels, a resource guide for wheelchair-using kids and their parents. Candy's work can be found in disability-related magazines, mainstream publications and on-line. She's a frequent keynote speaker at disability conferences and events, and she conducts accessible travel workshops whenever her schedule permits. Candy's focus is consumer-awareness, self-advocacy and sharing accessible travel information, in all of her work. Tape measure in hand, Candy hits the road often, in search of new accessible travel options. She also blogs regularly at www.BarrierFreeTravels.com, where she shares her insights, resources and opinions on accessible travel. Candy resides in a tiny California mountain village - so small it's not even on the map -- with her travel photographer husband, Charles Pannell.
- Author(s)Candy B. Harrington
- PublisherDemos Medical Publishing
- Date of Publication02/08/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDemos Medical Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.