All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionIt was t until 1971 that Swiss women acquired the right to vote at federal level. Since then, they have been assuming their rightful role in Swiss public life. Women who exemplify this evolution discuss its various aspects in 25 Years of Emancipation?: two historians examine the struggle for women's suffrage; two sociologists describe the role w played by Swiss women in public life; two leading politicians draw on their experience to assess past difficulties, present achievements and future challenges; several literary specialists assess writing by women since 1971; three Swiss writers and one Scottish writer discuss writing in a mirity culture and read from their works and a film director identifies the problems faced by women filmmakers. Drawing on the collective expertise of this range of disciplines, 25 Years of Emancipation? provides a valuable analysis of a period of significant change in Switzerland.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Joy Charnley (French), Malcolm Pender (German) and Andrew Wilkin (Italian) teach in the Department of Modern Languages at the University of Strathclyde (GB), where they set up the Centre for Swiss Cultural Studies in 1996.
- Author(s)Andrew Wilkin,Joy Charnley,Malcolm Pender
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/12/1997
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Note2 ill.
- Weight280 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.