All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionRap's greatest rivalry is looked at from all-new angles. Find out how 2pac and The Notorious B.I.G. changed the face of hip hop, as individual artists and as competitors. Hip hop icons and rap invators, the Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac Shakur continue to influence, define, and change the genre years after their deaths. Despite the controversies surrounding the murders of Tupac and Biggie, ultimately it's their art that remains their biggest legacy. The music of Biggie Smalls and 2Pac has inspired the likes of Jay-Z, Kanye, Eminem, Dr. Dre, Lil Wayne, Rick Ross and more. The legacies of Tupac Shakur and Christopher Wallace-a.k.a. The Notorious B.I.G. -live on. So does their rivalry, one of the greatest in music history. In 2pac vs. Biggie, hip hop experts Jeff Weiss and Evan McGarvey take an entirely new approach to investigation of that rivalry. Rather than focus on the countless conspiracy theories, they study the artist as artists, dissecting the lyrics of their hits ( California Love, All Eyez on Me, Changes for 2pac, Mo Money Mo Problems, Hyptize, Big Poppa for Biggie) and lesser-kwn works, performance and rhythmic styles, aesthetic appearances and what those meant, rises to power, and of course, their lives after death. The feud between 2pac and Biggie is broken down and looked at from all new angles, bringing to light little-kwn and surprising sides to each rapper's persona and inner world. Illustrated throughout with photographs, memorabilia, and artwork inspired by Tupac and Biggie, and with insert versus pages dissecting topics such as each artist's presence in movies, critical reception, and literary influences, this book is a must-have for all rap and hip hop fans.
- Author BiographyJeff Weiss (Los Angeles, CA) is the editor-in-chief of the website The Passion of the Weiss. He has written about music and culture for many publications, including Rolling Stone, Entertainment Weekly, The Los Angeles Times, Spin, The Hollywood Reporter, and Details. PassionWeiss.com Evan McGarvey (Boston, MA) is a writer and teacher whose work has appeared in The Village Voice, Pitchfork, The Michigan Quarterly Review, and Green Mountains Review.
- Author(s)Ewan McGarvey,Jeff Weiss
- PublisherVoyageur Press Inc
- Date of Publication23/04/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationStillwater
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVoyageur Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight553 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.