All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is spiritual warfare? Can a Christian be demon-possessed? Are we called to engage territorial spirits? These provocative questions stand at the heart of evangelical discussions of the supernatural, and they represent the subject of Clinton Arld's 3 Crucial Questions About Spiritual Warfare. Arld brings his exegetical skill and extensive kwledge of early Christianity to bear on the contemporary understanding of the spirit realm. Spiritual warfare is an integral part of the entire Christian experience, the author explains. To think that a Christian could avoid spiritual warfare is like imagining that a gardener could avoid dealing with weeds. Our goal should be rather to gain an accurate and sober-minded understanding of spiritual warfare--t a view tainted by frightening superstitions and odd practices. Arld answers the first question by developing a biblical understanding of spiritual warfare, and his answer to the second question defines the influence demons can have on believers. In response to the third question, Arld's sane and sober answer sheds invaluable light on the controversial topic of territorial spirits. 3 Crucial Questions about Spiritual Warfare is the fourth volume to appear in the 3 Crucial Questions series. The series has been praised by Craig Blomberg for its hermeneutical sophistication, succinct readability, and balanced conclusions.
- Author BiographyClinton E. Arnold, professor of New Testament language and literature at Talbot School of Theology, is a noted authority on spiritual warfare. He is the author of Power and Magic: The Concept of Power in Ephesians, Powers of Darkness: Principalities and Powers in Paul's Letters, and The Colossian Syncretism: The Interface between Christianity and Folk Belief at Colossae. His Ph.D. degree is from the University of Aberdeen.
- Author(s)Clinton E. Arnold
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/08/1997
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series Title3 crucial questions
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width146 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.