30 Perfect Popcorn Recipes: How to Make Sweet & Savory Gourmet Popcorn at Home by Lori Jane Stewart (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPopcorn has probably been around longer than any other snack food on the planet. It has a rich history, dating back to before civilization and taking part in a multitude of events we celebrate every year. It's the most popular snack food around the world, and the second most popular snack in America (falling just behind potato chips). Popcorn can be found all over the country, at movie theaters, carnivals, and most people's kitchens or pantries. It is a common misconception that popcorn is an unhealthy snack. The reason some people avoid popcorn is because they don't understand the real culprit! Behind its supposedly unhealthy status, are the seasonings and additives, often added to commercially packaged products to liven up the bland natural flavor and to lengthen it's shelf life. The popcorn itself is a wholegrain, and these can help prevent cancer and lower the risk of heart disease, while also supplying healthy nutrients that support our vision. There are many different methods to create popcorn, but the basic principle stays the same. All you have to do is make the kernels hot eugh to heat the moisture contained naturally inside, and turn that into steam. The steam creates pressure from inside the hard shell casing and before you kw it, POP! - the kernel is turned inside out and is ready to be consumed. As long as you can generate heat and have some kernels on hand, you can make popcorn! Eugh of the history, what about the recipes? I've gathered 30 of the finest popcorn recipes from around the world for your snacking pleasure, and have tried to keep them free from artificial sweeteners, preservatives or other nasty additives wherever possible. I've specified 9 cups of popped corn for most recipes, as that gives 3 generous cups per serving - you can have as many or as few servings as you fancy, but keep an eye on the calories! For your convenience, I've also included nutritional data from the USDA for each recipe - that's the U.S. Department of Agriculture and t the United Square Dancers of America! My preference for both flavor and health reasons, is freshly air-popped popcorn - so I have used that kind for all of these recipes. Everything in this book can be made with kernels you have freshly popped, or if you are in a hurry (or feeling lazy!), then you can always use the plain store bought pre-popped variety - just make sure you check the packaging for artificial nasties! Most of the ingredients for these recipes can be found at your local grocery store or deli, but if you get stuck, then the slightly more unusual ones can also be bought online via this special page on my website - www.greengourmetbooks.com/ing Enjoy preparing and sharing! Lori x P.S. - If 30 recipes isn't quite eugh for you, then check the back of the book to find out how to get ather 12, absolutely free!
- Author BiographyThe Green Gourmet is Lori Jane Stewart - an American author known for her books on food, wine, diet and nutrition. She is the writer of many international bestselling books including 'The Green Gourmet Organic Diet Book' and '50 Low Carb Brown Bag Lunch Recipes.' Lori has a passion for good food and fine wine. She loves cooking and creating recipes using easily available fresh and healthy ingredients, and especially with with local organic fresh produce. She lives in San Francisco along with her husband and two daughters. Early Life and Interests: Lori was born in Carmel-by-the-sea California in 1977. Her mother was a chef at a local seafood restaurant, and inspired by the rich cultural diversity of Carmel and her mother's experimentation with food, Lori developed an interest in cooking at an early age. At the age of fifteen, Lori met Sarah at school. Sarah's father was the owner of a renowned wine bar, and would ferry the girl to ad from school, when he would regale them with tales of fine wine, vineyards and often tales of the local vintners too! After graduating, Sarah's father offered Lori a job at his wine bar. This was where Lori learned about different types of wines and their distinguishing taste and properties. By this time, Lori had become an excellent cook. Her job at the bar gave her an opportunity to experiment with the use of wine in her food. Personal Life: In 1999, Lori met Ryan, a video game programmer and wine enthusiast. They married in 2002 and moved to his hometown of San Francisco, where now live with two beautiful daughters, Sandy and Emily. Both girls have inherited the passion for food and cooking and they love to spend their weekends in the kitchen, watching and learning from their mother. Sandy, now eight, according to Ryan, is already a master baker and makes delicious cupcakes - under her mother's watchful eyes! Ryan and Lori are both lovers of natural and organic food, and enjoy travelling to different regions to try the local specialities. On one such trip to Michigan, they helped an animal rescue organization save an abandoned greyhound found stuck in an icy lake, who they later adopted. Since then, Charlie has become a beloved member of their family who loves nothing better than their regular trips to the beach at Carmel.
- Author(s)Lori Jane Stewart
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight140 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $29.11Trending at AU $33.23
- AU $29.82Trending at AU $32.15
- AU $26.05Trending at AU $28.81
- AU $38.65Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $32.02
- AU $19.53Trending at AU $31.25
- AU $32.64Trending at AU $47.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.