30 Reflective Staff Development Exercises for Educators by Stephen S. Kaagan (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $47.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this invaluable and unique resource, leadership and organizational development expert Stephen S. Kaagan presents a unique guide for educators who enjoy challenging themselves and who hunger for new ideas and a fresh perspective of staff development. It promotes individual and collective learning of all participants as they undertake formal staff development while enhancing the success and performance of the entire educational system.In this Second Edition of Stephen Kaagan's bestselling work, the author adapts his excercises to the classroom. Since the exercises are experiential, by definition they intensify student's emotional connections with course content. Collaborative by design, the exercises, when adapted, can also promote mutual accountability for classroom learning. With students positioned as learning resources for each other, the teacher is better able to mediate learning as well as direct it.
- Author BiographyStephen S. Kaagan is currently professor of education at Michigan State University. His teaching interests are leadership, organizational analysis, and administrative practice. He has a doctorate from Harvard University and has been honored with several awards, including membership in the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce, London, England and Honorary Doctorates from Williams College in Massachusetts and Green Mountain College in Vermont. Before coming to Michigan State University in 1991, Kaagan served as president of Hurricane Island Outward Bound (1989-91), commissioner of education for the State of Vermont (1982-88), and provost at Pratt Institute in New York City (1977-82). He has written extensively on leadership, organizational development, the role of the arts in schooling, and assessment and accountability. Selected publications include Developing Teacher Leaders: How Teacher Leadership Enhances School Success (with Frank Crowther et al.), Managing Successful School Reform: the Legacy of Chris Argyris (a special edition of the International Journal of Educational Management, co-edited with Frank Crowther), Leadership Games: Experiential Learning for Organizational Development, and Leadership Lessons: From a Life of Character and Purpose in Public Affairs. Kaagan is a charter board member of ArtServe Michigan. In the late 1980s, he served as a member of a distinguished panel on Making the System Work Better for Poor Kids, a Carnegie Foundation-sponsored project of Harvard's John F. Kennedy School of Government. Kaagan's experience spans an academic career; wide-ranging service as an advisor to government agencies, corporations, and educational institutions; military experience in the USMC Reserve; extensive travel throughout the world, including mountaineering expeditions in the Himalayas, Andes, and Cascades; and rugby football refereeing for the US Rugby Football Union.
- Author(s)Stephen S. Kaagan
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication19/08/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.