All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow hot is Venus? Can you distinguish between a pulsar and a quasar? Is there a universe or a multiverse? Where do we fit into the infinitely grand scheme of things? How do we map the Cosmic Microwave Background? Most tantalizing of all: Is there anyone out there? The answers to these and many other far-out questions lie in your hands. Everyone's gazing at the heavens, but a voyage through the star-studded contents of this book will blow your mind. Astromy encapsulates the terrifying hugeness of the cosmos into bite-size particles that mere earthlings can understand: 50 incredible discoveries brought down to Earth using more than two pages, 300 words, and a picture. This one small volume takes you on a cosmic tour, shedding light on the most awesome of objects and places, explaining some very big ideas, concepts, and discoveries, and presenting the scientists and observers who have done so much to crack Life, the Universe, and Everything. Welcome aboard.
- Author BiographyEditor Dr. Francois Fressin, of the Harvard- Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics in Cambridge, Massachusetts, is one of a team of astronomers working as part of NASA's Kepler mission. Dr. Fressin discovered the first Earth-sized planets orbiting a star other than the Sun.
- Author(s)Francois Fressin
- PublisherIcon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/07/2013
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series Title30 Second
- Place of PublicationDuxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIcon Books Ltd
- Content Note160 colour illustrations
- Width187 mm
- Height237 mm
- Foreword byMartin Rees
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.