All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe chemical elements are the building blocks of life, but could you discuss the periodic table over the dinner table? Which elements put the blue into blu-ray and the lime into limelight? And do you kw eugh about antimony, arsenic and aluminium to illuminate the bar with your elemental kwledge? 30-Second Elements presents you with the foundations of chemical kwledge, distilling the 50 most significant chemical elements into half-a-minute individual entries, using thing more than two pages, 300 words and one picture. Divided into seven chapters, it includes the atomic details of the other 68 elements and the relationships of all 118, as well as biographies of the chemists who transformed scientific kwledge and unlocked the mysteries of life itself. Illustrated with explosive graphics, here is the quickest way to kw your arsenic from your europium.
- Author BiographyEric Scerri is a chemist and a leading philosopher of science specialising in the history and philosophy of the periodic table. He is the author of The Periodic Table: Its Story and Its Significance, and A Very Short Introduction to the Periodic Table.
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPier 9
- Width180 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byEric Scerri
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.