All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen it comes to big science, very few things are conclusively kwn. From Quantum Mechanics to Natural Selection, what we have instead are theories - ideas explain why things happen the way they do. We don't kw for certain these are correct - one ever saw the Big Bang - but with them we can paint beautiful, breathtaking pictures of everything from human behaviour to what the future may hold. Profiling the key scientists behind each theory, 30-Second Theories presents each entry in a unique, eye-catching full-colour design, with thought-provoking extras and stylish illustrations. It is essential for anyone keen on expanding their mind with science's most thrilling ideas.
- Author BiographyPaul Parsons is former editor of BBC Focus magazine. He has written for publications from the Telegraph to FHM. His The Science of Doctor Who (Icon) was longlisted for the 2007 Royal Society Prize. Martin Rees is Astronomer Royal, President of the Royal Society, and Professor of Cosmology and Astrophysics at Cambridge.
- Author(s)Dr. Paul Parsons,Martin Rees,Susan Blackmore
- PublisherIcon Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2010
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series Title30 Second
- Place of PublicationDuxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIcon Books Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Width187 mm
- Height237 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.