33 Things Every Girl Should Know: Stories, Songs, Poems, and Smart Talk by 33 Extraordinary Women by Tonya Bolden (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.48Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile everyone's probably got 33 different answes to that question, we're betting that thee's a lot of commong ground, and this book will show it. We've collected 33 different experiences from 33 different women, who are older, younger, and in-between, but who all have one thing in common: they've picked up some clues along their journey and want to share them with you. This isn't a guidebook that's going to tell you how to live. Instead, it's a celebration of ways to enjoy life when you're up, and comforting words to help you get through bad times when you're down. There are comic strips to make you laugh, conversations to make you think, short stories to help you escape, and a whole lot more. Wish you could be more carefree? Check out Natalie Merchant's poem for simple ideas on how to get more fun out of life. Feeling unpopular? Tabitha Soren has a few stories that will make you laugh and realize that if she can get through it, so can you. Do you love science but don't want anyone to kw? Juliann Willey came up with a list of reasons why science is cool, and beign dumb isn't. With contributioins from Fairth Ringgold, Vera Wang, Rebecca Lobo, Sigourney Weaver, Lynda Barry, and lots of other strong women, this book is about more than just getting through life. It's about being smart, doing your own thing, having fun, and standing proud. So whether you think you're clueless and confused or have all the answers, here are 33 different ideas to help you map out a journey all your own.
- Author BiographyTonya Bolden is the author of the children's book Through Loona's Door: A Tammy and Owen Adventure with Carte G. Woodson.Her books for teenagers include the novels Mama, I Want to Sing (co-authored with Vy Higginsen) and Just Family; the anthology Rites of Passage: Stories About Growing Up by Black Writers from Around the World; and a collection of biographies of ten epic women, And Not Afraid to Dare. Her books for grownups include The Book of African American Women: 150 Crusaders, Creators, and Uplifters .She is a native New Yorker.
- Author(s)Tonya Bolden
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication17/02/1998
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House USA Children's Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight269 g
- Width184 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byTonya Bolden
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $190.23New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.