All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a good idea...What I like is there will be one idea every day - and only one. Your mind will t get jumbled. Think on what you read...Some ideas you will like. Others may t work for you. With advocacy, this is always the way. But the point is to try things out - one day at a time. Iain Morley QC, author of The Devil's Advocate, from the Foreword to 365 Daily Advocacy Tips 365 Daily Advocacy Tips is packed with pithy, serious, amusing, and thought-provoking tips for each day of the year, from a refreshingly diverse range of sources. Providing a fascinating insight into the principles of good advocacy, it also contains essential kwledge of related topics such as how people make decisions, indicators of credibility and the 'rules' of argument and rhetoric. Unlike most texts on advocacy 365 Daily Advocacy Tips provides an insight to psychology and how to break down the rules of argument and rhetoric. It also covers acronyms to help remember techniques, useful quotes from history and literature that can be used in cases and references to other texts both legal and n-legal. Lengthy and studious volumes of advocacy have their place, but sometimes just one morsel of advice is needed to change an entire day's work. This calendar of tips and tales from the world of advocacy will prove an able companion for every advocate serious about continuous and incremental improvement in their kwledge, skill and practice.
- Author BiographyLeslie Cuthbert, a part-time consultant and solicitor advocate for McCormacks Law, has a wealth of experience and carries out occasional freelance criminal defence work. The roles that Leslie currently undertakes include that of Part-Time Road User Charging Adjudicator, Consultant for Bond Solon Training, Consultant for Central Law Training, Tribunal Judge of the First Tier Tribunal (Mental Health), Managing Director of Independent Investigative Interviewing Limited, Independent Companies House Adjudicator, Independent Member of the Lord Chancellor's Advisory Committee for North East Essex Magistrates Courts, Crown Court Recorder for the South Eastern Circuit, Counsel for the International Criminal Court (ICC), International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY) and the Special Court for Sierra Leone (SCSL), Panel Chair of the Nursing and Midwifery Council's Conduct and Competence Committee, Appeals Officer for Community Interest Companies, Tribunal Judge of the First Tier Tribunal (Special Education Needs and Disability) and Visiting Professional Fellow in Criminal Investigation at University of Derby.
- Author(s)Leslie Cuthbert
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Professional
- Weight494 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.