All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionForeword by Joseph Pearce Pope John Paul II canized or beatified such a staggering number of people well over fifteen hundred that many of them remain as obscure after receiving their new title as they were before. If you have never heard of Bartolo Longo, the former satanic priest, you are t alone. And what about Enrico Rebuschini, who battled depression? Or the happily married Luigi and Maria Beltrame-Quattrocchi? In lively detail, Brian O'Neel tells the stories of these and more, a number of who are our near-contemporaries and coped with such horrors as Nazism (Jakob Gapp, Maria Restituta Kafka), slavery (Josephine Bakhita) or the Spanish Civil War (Vincente David Vilar). Amazing stories of ordinary human beings who demonstrate that holiness is t ather word for boring, but a defining characteristic of those who threw themselves wholeheartedly into the adventure of life.
- Author BiographyBRIAN O'NEEL is a writer and editor in Wisconsin who has spent most of his career in California politics and writing for Catholic magazines. He and his wife are the parents of six children, and Brian s dream is to someday get the whole family to a Green Bay Packers game.
- Author(s)Brian O'Neel
- PublisherServant Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbour
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintServant Books
- Weight227 g
- Width130 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byJoseph Pearce
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.