All listings for this product
About this product
- Description3D Storytelling is the ultimate guide for directors, cinematographers, producers, and designers of stereoscopic 3D movies and videos. With an emphasis on the aesthetic over the technical, this book is an essential foundation for showing you how to use 3D creatively to tell a story. Hollywood producer Bruce Block and Dreamworks stereoscopic supervisor Philip Captain 3D McNally blend their vast real-world experience and teaching skills to help you learn how to: * Think in 3D * Integrate 3D design into your script or story * Direct and design the 3D depth of your shots * Use stereoscopic windows * Work with the depth cues in 3D * Create a comfortable viewing experience for the audience * Plan editing and directorial considerations for 3D * Understand closed, open, and unstable 3D space Brimming with practical information that can be immediately applied to your 3D production, the book also features interviews with some of the industry's leading stereographers, as well as 3D diagrams and photographs that illustrate how 3D works, how it can be controlled in production, and how 3D can be used to tell a story.
- Author BiographyBruce Block has worked in a creative capacity on dozens of feature films, television shows, commercials, and animated films. His credits include Something's Gotta Give, What Women Want, America's Sweethearts, How Do You Know, The Parent Trap, As Good As It Gets, and Stuart Little. He is an adjunct Professor at USC's School of Cinematic Arts and is the author of the book The Visual Story. Philip Captain 3D McNally has been a stereoscopic photography enthusiast for over twenty years and currently serves as the Global Stereoscopic Supervisor at Dreamworks Animation. He has worked as a stereoscopic supervisor on more than twenty-five productions at several studios including The Nightmare Before Christmas, Meet the Robinsons, Monsters vs. Aliens, Madagascar 3, and How to Train Your Dragon.
- Author(s)Bruce A. Block,Philip McNally
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/05/2013
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content Note7 colour tables, 251 colour illustrations, 201 colour line drawings
- Weight680 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.