40 Engaging Brain-Based Tools for the Classroom by Michael Alfred Scaddan (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.29Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $61.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInformed by the latest research from behaviorists, neuroscientists, and cognitive researchers, this flexible guide provides fun, yet effective techniques for introducing brain-compatible learning in the Ku12 classroom and helps develop educators' understanding of how the brain, mind, and body function in the learning process. Based on a holistic brain-compatible model developed by the author, this resource t only demonstrates why brain-friendly learning is effective, it also strengthens teachers' instructional skills, reduces behavioral distractions in the classroom, and improves academic performance. Teachers can access 40 engaging tools to improve learning and test results across a broad range of skills and select from a series of practical techniques to use every week of the school year. Each of four sections includes ten class-tested tools with handy tips for use in a variety of classroom environments and for a wide range of student needs and experiences. A Brain-based Review in each section encourages the reader to critically reflect upon the tools to evaluate what works, what doesn't, and where to make changes. With stimulating quotes and motivational proverbs for inspiration, plus strategies, stories, songs, and poems woven throughout the text, this is an ideal book for any educator looking for fresh ways to encourage each and every child to succeed.
- Author BiographyMichael A. Scaddan is an international educational consultant who works in the USA, Australasia, Asia, and Europe. He is the author of 40 Engaging Brain-Based Tools for the Classroom as well as 24 training manuals and 3 educational DVDs. He has a background in elementary and adult teaching as well as being a highly successful principal and was recently selected as patron for The Hungarian Brain Based Institute. As a school principal, he continued to be a practical, hands-on educator, teaching all levels of children through an innovative Learn to Learn program. This enabled him to develop hundreds of useful and practical classroom tips as well as fine-tune successful schoolwide techniques that are now passed on to fellow educators. Always looking for a better way, he has extensive training in brain-compatible learning, completing an MEd in accelerated learning at the University of Tasmania. Scaddan is now CEO of Brain Stems Ltd., a brain-compatible training organization, and has worked as a full-time learning consultant in the USA, Sweden, Hungary, India, and Australia, as well as throughout New Zealand. He has recently been employed as an educational consultant to the government of Thailand.
- Author(s)Michael Alfred Scaddan
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication04/12/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight386 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.