All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains the best possession drills I have used in my 20] years of coaching. The training sessions come from Barcelona FC, Everton FC, Arsenal FC, Wigan Athletic, Liverpool FC, Stoke City, Valencia FC, Sporting Lisbon FC, Inter Milan, Ajax FC and many more famous clubs. Coaching possession is about teaching decision-making, guiding players to become problem solvers, helping players understand the importance of positioning and placing players in training sessions that challenge them. One of the most important aspects of possession training is the number of meaningful touches a player gets. A competitive possession drill should demand player's play on the edge of their ability to be successful while receiving many touches. The tempo of the drills should be high, forcing quickness of thought and speed of play. In the modern game players must be able to play under pressure without losing the ball. Players and teams that can hold the ball under pressure kw how to save seconds on the ball. Playing possession soccer is all about positioning and coordinated movement. Without proper positioning keeping the ball would be impossible. Positioning and coordinated movement allows players to create overloads all over the field. Creating a numerical advantage is critical to unbalancing the opponent, keeping the ball and scoring goals. Focus on the details when training your team. Make sure you are providing an environment for maximum learning and growth. There will always be debates about possession soccer and whether controlling possession means winning more games. I personally believe players and teams that possess the ball well have more tools and options to break their opponents down. Possession training makes players well-rounded, skillful, composed, gives them the ability to find soccer solutions on the field and increases passing accuracy. Teams with higher passing accuracy win more games. Teams with overwhelming possession (over 65%) win more games as well. 45 Professional Soccer Possession Drills will be a valuable tool for developing your players' possession ability.
- Author BiographyMarcus DiBernardo has been coaching the game of soccer for over 20 years. He has experience in both the Men's and Women's game at many different levels. Coach DiBernardo's desire to coach came early on. His first coaching would come at the age of just eighteen at his local soccer club. In the years to come Coach DiBernardo would lead numerous teams to many titles across the country. In 2011 he would be named National College Coach of The Year. Currently, Coach DiBernardo is the Founder and Director of an International Soccer Academy as well as being a Head Men's College Soccer Coach. Coach DiBernardo possesses a coaching style that is very much player oriented. There is always a high level of mutual respect between himself and his players. Being a part of his program is like being part of a family that wants the best for you. As a player he was known for his commitment and work ethic as defender. He would play at the NCAA Division I level and later move on to play in the First Division of the CSL. In 1993 he would earn the CCSU College Scholar Athlete Award for soccer. Coach DiBernardo holds various soccer diplomas and licenses. He is also an acting member of the NSCAA Associate National Staff. Coach DiBernardo considers himself a lifetime learner and active student of the game. He feels the better he can become as a coach the better experience his players can have with him. The books Coach DiBernardo writes are packed with training ground ready material. The training drills and methods are the exact ones he uses on a daily basis. The books contain the most effective drills and training methods of his 20+ years coaching experience. He prides himself on the quality of information in each one his books.
- Author(s)Marcus a Dibernardo
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/02/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight151 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.