All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlison Willoughby, an invative textile designer who made her mark in the fashion world as skirtgirl for her work on hand-constructed intricate skirts, gives a complete sewing rundown in this fabulous guidebook. Throughout its accessible chapters, this resource shows how to give a new lease on life to a favorite old skirt, transform thrift store finds into runway-worthy fashions with clever customizations, and how to make and decorate a skirt from scratch using the handy bound-in pattern template. With 49 fabulous skirt designs plus one sassy miniskirt, core techniques are illustrated with step-by-step photographs--from sewing fabric into seams, pleating, and ruching to screen printing and adding embellishments.Sewers of all levels-- previous kwledge necessary--learn how to manipulate fabric to create amazing effects such as ruffles, loops, and layers; produce unusual decorations using beads, buttons, badges, ribbons, and myriad found objects; and to create unique prints and patterns with pens, paints, and foil. Step-by-step instructions for making a wide range of skirts are included, plus instructions for numerous stitch techniques, construction and deconstruction, decorative stitches, and descriptions of various fabrics, fastenings, and finishings. Rounded off with a special section on inspiration exercises to get creativity flowing, this crafter's companion has all of the information a sewer needs to begin creating custom fashions.
- Author BiographyAlison Willoughby has been running her own business in London since graduating from The Royal College of Art. She has exhibited, sold, and lectured internationally.
- Author(s)Alison Willoughby
- PublisherInterweave Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, frontispiece
- Weight445 g
- Width191 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.