All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionAs telecommunications operators and network engineers understand, specific operational requirements drive early network architectural and design decisions for 4G networks. But they also kw that because techlogy, standards, usage practices, and regulatory regimes change on a continuous basis, so do best practices. 4G: Deployment Strategies and Operational Implications helps you stay up to date by providing the latest invative and strategic thinking on 4G and LTE deployments. It evaluates specific design and deployment options in depth and offers roadmap evolution strategies for LTE network business development. Fortunately, as you'll discover in this book, LTE is a robust and flexible standard for 4G communications. Operators developing 4G deployment strategies have many options, but they must consider the tradeoffs among them in order to maximize the return on investment for LTE networks. This book will show operators how to develop detailed but flexible deployment road maps incorporating business requirements while allowing the agility that expected and unexpected network evolution require. Such road maps help you avoid costly redeployment while leveraging profitable traffic. Telecommunications experts and authors Trichy Venkataraman Krishnamurthy and Rajaneesh Shetty examine various architectural options provided by the flexibility of LTE and their effect on the general current and future capability of the designed network. They examine specific features of the network, while covering specific architectural deployment strategies through example and then assessing their implications on both near- and long-term operations as well as potential evolutionary paths. Besides helping you understand and communicate network upgrade and architectural evolution road maps (with options), you will learn: * How to plan for accessibility, retainability, integrity, availability, and mobility* How to balance loads effectively* How to manage the constraints arising from regulation and standardization* How to manage the many disruptive factors affecting LTE networks 4G: Deployment Strategies and Operational Implications also outlines specific network strategies, which network features and deployment strategies support those strategies, and the trade-offs in business models depending on the strategies chosen. Best of all you will learn a process for proactive management of network road map evolution, ensuring that your network--and your skills--remain robust and relevant as the telecommunications landscape changes.
- Author BiographyT V Krishnamurthy has worked in the telecommunications industry for nearly 14 years. He has been strongly involved in radio technologies for nearly a decade while working with Siemens communications and Nokia Siemens networks and now the Radisys Corporation. He has been involved in varying roles from software development, to team leadership to feature specifications and architecture work, and project management, with varied radio technologies like 3G-RNC, WCDMA BTS, WiMAX BTS and now recently LTE. He has also worked in specifying and developing features for internet-HSPA too. His interests include software engineering, requirements engineering, QoS, and scheduler implementations. He also has published papers in the areas of knowledge management and software engineering. He holds an IEEE CSDP certification, is a qualified CSDP trainer and is also a practicing PMI certified project management professional (PMP). He lives and works out of Bangalore, India.
- Author(s)Rajaneesh Shetty,Trichy Venkataram Krishnamurthy
- Date of Publication08/08/2014
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight365 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.