All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionResearch shows that successful businesses are those where employees are really engaged - how do they achieve this? Complex organisation initiatives or something more personal? In today's world of work we have forgotten a simple truth: the power of authentic, two-way, human conversations to build relationships, trust, and engagement. This book comes from 30 years of learning from world-class organisations, tried and tested leadership coaching techniques and emergent thinking on neuroscience and employee behaviour. The result is a simple guide to why, when and how to hold five critical conversations with people you manage. 5 Conversations will help the reader to dramatically improve trust, relationships, motivation and performance at work; build a better business by developing successful relationships; engage their personnel.
- Author BiographyThis is Nick's first book and has been an opportunity to draw on his wealth of management experience in major corporations. Before joining The Oxford Group in 1994, his career included roles with British Airways, Bayer AG and Whitbread in operational management, HR and OD across Europe and the Middle East. Nick gained particular corporate expertise in leading international projects, participating in merger and acquisition activity and significant organisational change programmes, as well as designing and implementing learning and development architecture. As a Director of The Oxford Group, he has a particular responsibility for acquiring and growing client relationships over the long term. He also leads the development of our Management Development services and works as an Executive Coach. In 2013, Nick led the development of The Oxford Group's 5 Conversations programme, the concept from which this book was created. Nigel is an experienced facilitator, writer and speaker whose passion lies in developing management and leadership capability in both new and senior leaders in organisations worldwide. He is Chairman and Director of The Oxford Group, which he co-founded in 1987 following a career in HR and business management with the Mars Corporation and Burmah Oil. Under Nigel's leadership The Oxford Group has grown from its roots as a small company specialising in behavioural assessment to a global consultancy providing leadership and management development as well as executive coaching. Believing in the importance of employees being engaged with the values of their organisation, he also remains personally involved in the recruitment, induction and development of new Oxford Group consultants worldwide. In 2013, Nigel was instrumental in the development and launch of the 5 Conversations programme.
- Author(s)Nick Cowley,Nigel Purse
- PublisherPanoma Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2014
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPanoma Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.