All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionBlogging: it's a vicious, anymous world; so why does Sydney Morning Herald travel blogger Ben Groundwater want to go out and start putting faces to his readers' made-up names? Armed with a backpack, a laptop and a cover story in case of emergency, Ben has a plan: to boldly travel around the world, relying purely on the kindness of his sometimes frightening but always entertaining readers. After sending out a cry for help on his blog, he has a full itinerary of supposedly kindly strangers offering up their spare beds, couches, daughters' weddings and bier cellars in the far corners of the globe. Five Ways to Carry a Goat: A Blogger's World Tour is the riotous result. With thousands of his readers scattered across the globe, Ben wanted to explore the nature of a digital community. Who is his audience? What are their lives like? And how does one carry a goat through the middle of Ethiopia? He discovers all this - via 14 countries - and more.
- Author BiographyBen Groundwater is an Australian travel writer, blogger, journalist and anything else someone will pay him to be. A professional writer for 10 years, Ben began his career in Brisbane before deciding to see the world, taking off to write freelance travel features for newspapers like the Sydney Morning Herald and the Courier-Mail, as well as various travel magazines. He now lives in Sydney, and writes Fairfax Media's hugely popular travel blog The Backpacker, upon which this, his first book, is based.
- Author(s)Ben Groundwater
- PublisherUniversity of Queensland Press
- Date of Publication03/05/2010
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationSt Lucia
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintUniversity of Queensland Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight446 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.