All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionArchaeology is understanding people in the past from what they have left behind. Objects inform us about how people lived, what they made and what they were used for. There has often been a view that there are archaeological finds in the North West. However through the work of the Portable Antiquities Scheme and the display of existing museum collections this traditional view is being challenged. By looking at objects discovered in Lancashire, recorded by the Portable Antiquities Scheme, we can demonstrate the continuity of activity within this county. Lancashire has revealed the longevity of its past through a range of both functional and decorative objects. Objects were made and traded from the Copper Age, through the Bronze Age and into the Iron Age and Roman periods; the Silverdale Viking Hoard similar in object types and period to the Cuerdale Hoard further demonstrates significant Early Medieval activity and Post-medieval artefacts reveal long journeys of religious pilgrimage and persecution. 50 Finds from Lancashire allows us to look at the continuity of our past using archaeological finds to illustrate what has previously been hidden away.
- Author BiographyStuart has over a 25 year background in the archaeology and heritage field and is currently a Finds Liaison Officer for Lancashire and Cumbria. Stuart has researched, edited and databased over 3000 object records, written numerous treasure and archaeological reports, publications, presentations and press releases.
- Author(s)Stuart Noon
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication13/10/2016
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series Title50 Finds
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note180
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.