50 High-impact, Low-care Garden Plants: Tough-but-Beautiful Plants That Anyone Can Grow by Tracy DiSabato-Aust (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $28.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSometimes you can have it all. No plant is perfect in every situation, but bestselling garden author Tracy DiSabato-Aust has identified 50 showstoppers--perennials, shrubs and trees-that come close. Each is a dynamic, beautiful choice for almost any garden, and each is nearly foolproof when it comes to care. As a garden designer, Tracy has spent years studying how to create beautiful outdoor spaces that require minimal maintenance. The plants in these pages are her personal favourites, but she didn't pick them for sentimental reasons. Each had to pass a minimum test for toughness, beauty and durability, exhibiting nearly all of the following: * Multi-Season Interest * Striking Foliage * Outstanding Texture* Long-Lived * Tolerant of Heat and Humidity * Cold-Hardy * Insect and Disease Resistant * Infrequent Pruning or Deadheading * Low Fertilization * No Staking * Non-Invasive * Drought-Tolerant With her combination of wit and common sense, DiSabato-Aust includes her own gardening experiences and introduces companion plants that will complement each of her selections.
- Author BiographyTracy DiSabato-Aust, aka the Queen of Deadheading, has earned international acclaim as one of America's most entertaining and knowledgeable garden writers and professional speakers. She has extensive experience in the United States and abroad, working for over 30 years in the industry, speaking for over 25 years and designing for over 20 years. Her experience includes stints at Longwood Gardens in the U.S., The Montreal Botanical Garden in Canada, the Kalmthout Arboretum in Belgium, and Knightshayes Court in England. She earned a B.S. and M.S. in Horticulture from The Ohio State University. Her first book, The Well-Tended Perennial Garden, which has been referred to by many as the bible for perennial maintenance, has become Timber Press' best selling book in their publishing history. Her second book, The Well-Designed Mixed Garden, brings her trademark exuberance, expertise, and efficiency to bear on frequently daunting elements of garden design, demystifying them with her direct approach. Tracy is a gifted and award winning designer who combines artistic vision with practical horticultural strategies. DiSabato-Aust is a frequent guest on national garden television and radio gardening shows. She is a dynamic speaker, and in great demand nationally and internationally on the lecture circuit. Venues include England's Royal Horticultural Society Garden, Wisley, The Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, The English Gardening School, the Oxford Botanic Garden, the Smithsonian Institute, the Perennial Plant Association, and numerous botanical gardens and professional association meetings. She was awarded the 2004 Garden Media Award from the Perennial Plant Association. This award recognizes an individual whose educational and promotional efforts have resulted in a heightened awareness of perennials and the perennial industry. Tracy has contributed articles or been featured in numerous national and international magazines, books, and newspapers. Magazines include: Fine Gardening (she is a contributing editor), Horticulture, Country Gardens, Garden Gate, Organic Gardening, Midwest Living, American Nurseryman, Real Simple, and Garden Design. The New York Times, the Daily Telegraph in London, England, and the National Post, (Toronto, Canada) have all published articles on Tracy. When she's not out working in the garden, Tracy is working out in the gym. A self-professed fitness fanatic, Tracy is a competitive triathlete who also appears in fitness training DVDs. She currently resides in Ohio with her husband and son.
- Author(s)Tracy DiSabato-Aust
- PublisherTimber Press
- Date of Publication05/01/2009
- Place of PublicationPortland, OR
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTimber Press
- Content Note105 colour photographs
- Weight544 g
- Width190 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $29.85Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.