All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike lots of college grads, Daniel Seddiqui was having a hard time finding a job. But despite more than forty rejections, he knew opportunities had to exist. So he set out on an extraordinary quest: fifty jobs in fifty states in fifty weeks. And t just any jobs he chose professions that reflected the culture and ecomy of each state. Working as everything from a cheesemaker in Wisconsin, a border patrol agent in Arizona, and a meatpacker in Kansas to a lobsterman in Maine, a surfing instructor in Hawaii, and a football coach in Alabama, Daniel chronicles how he adapted to the wildly differing people, cultures, and environments. From one week to the next he had idea exactly what his duties would be, where he'd be sleeping, what he'd be eating, or how he'd be received. He became a roving news item, appearing on CNN, Fox News, World News Tonight, MSNBC, and the Today show which was good preparation for his stint as a television weatherman. Tackling challenge after challenge overcoming anxiety about working four miles underground in a West Virginia coal mine, learning to walk on six-foot stilts (in a full Egyptian king costume) at a Florida amusement park, racing the clock as a pit-crew member at an Indiana racetrack Daniel completed his journey a changed man. In this book he shares stories about the people he met, reveals the lessons he learned, and explains the five principles that kept him going.
- Author BiographyDaniel Seddiqui graduated from USC with a BA in Economics in May 2005. But after going on over 40 interviews and receiving no job offers, he decided to try a different strategy - to set out on a journey across the US in which he would work a different job in every state. Daniel successfully completed that journey and has been featured in major media outlets nationwide and internationally. He is currently a speaker and tours the nation speaking to mainly younger university audiences about his experiences and learning.
- Author(s)Daniel Seddiqui
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps, frontispiece
- Weight330 g
- Width61 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.