All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDid you like Math or Science in school? Have you played games that stimulated your thought processes for Math and Science? Trying to be creative in your Math, Science or leadership class? Can leadership be taught? Is leadership an Art or a Science or Math? Seeking to impact your training program with creative games?A primer for leadership development, this book introduces Math and Science games with a review process component that can be used for leadership instruction. The book highlights key leadership principles which show that leaders must: Ask questions; Be disciplined; Create and see things differently; Develop resources; Engage in active listening; Make priorities; Multiply leaders; Problem solve; Set an example; Sacrifice; Search and explore; Strategize; Support diversity; Work in teams and collaborate.
- Author BiographySeah Wee Khee is an Education Officer in Biology and Student Council Teacher-in-charge, focusing on Leadership Development at the NUS High School of Mathematics and Science. Graduated with a PhD (NUS) in Life Sciences, she is currently pursuing a Masters of Educational Management (MEM) at the University of Melbourne, Australia. She was awarded a NUS Research Scholarship and was the recipient of the prestigious President Graduate Fellowship. To date, she has also published several research papers in internationally reviewed journals. Sukandar Hadinoto is currently a Chemistry teacher at the NUS High School of Mathematics and Science. He graduated with BSc Hons at the National University of Singapore (NUS). Being a Student Council teacher and National Cadet Corps teacher, Sukandar enjoys being with young people. He also likes adventure training stints and loves the outdoors. Png Soon Hock Charles is currently Head of Student Development at the NUS High School of Mathematics and Science where he focuses on Affective & Character Education, Service Learning and Leadership Development. Soon Hock completed his bond with the Public Service Commission and holds an MBA (AGSB) and BA Hons (NUS). He is a trained facilitator in the use of Kouzes and Posner's Leadership Challenge Model and also a trained facilitator in the 6 Seconds model of Emotional Intelligence. His experience in inspiring young individuals includes mentoring student groups to win Citibank-YMCA Youth for Causes awards. Ang Ying Zhen is a Year 5 student who is also the President of the Student Council. She continues her secret love for art and debates in her free time in school. This book is also the work of the 2nd Student Council of NUS High.
- Author(s)Charles Soon Hock Png,Seah Wee Khee,Sukandar Hadinoto
- PublisherWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication16/03/2007
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintWorld Scientific Publishing Co Pte Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width163 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.