All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionZum englischen Originalbuch: From the Pyramids of Giza to the Guggenheim, this lively guide explains the key concepts and inventions in architecture clearly and concisely. Exploring the myriad ways in which the built environment is shaped and created, readers will gain a new and informed appreciation for architecture, from the classical orders of Vitruvius - Doric, Ionic and Corinthian - to the to the most recent contemporary trends. Philip Wilkinson offers expert introductions to the most important architectural movements and styles throughout history, as well as describing some of the greatest architects most important and representative works. So, if you ve ever wondered when a building is just a building or art, or want to kw more about Gothic vaults, trusses and arches, this is the perfect introduction. Contents: The Orders, Prefabrication, Machine aesthetics, Roman engineering, Beaux Arts, Dymaxion, Romanesque, Arts and Crafts, Alternative architecture, Gothic, Conservation, Functionalism, Renaissance, Skyscraper, Plug-in city, Baroque, City Beautiful, Minimalism, Rococo, Art Nouveau, Brutalism, Palladianism, Secession, Townscape, Neo-Classicism, Art Deco, Postmodernism, Character, Garden city, Contextual design, Taste, Futurism, Hi Tech, The Picturesque, Constructivism, Deconstructivism, The Sublime, Bauhaus, Historicism, Landscape garden, De Stijl, Community architecture, Revivalism, International Style, Green architecture, Restoration, Expressionism, Urbanism, Industrial, Organic architecture, Eclecticism.
- Author BiographyPhilip Wilkinson hat schon etliche erfolgreiche Sachbucher zu Themen aus Geschichte, Architektur und anderen Wissenschaften geschrieben, darunter das preisgekronte Werk Amazing Buildings (deutsch: Sehen, Staunen, Wissen: Kuhne Konstruktionen. Wolkenkratzer, Tunnels, Brucken ) und das English Buildings Book sowie mehrere Begleitpublikationen zur BBC-Serie Restoration.
- Author(s)Philip Wilkinson
- PublisherSpringer Spektrum
- Date of Publication24/01/2013
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer Spektrum
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, bibliography
- Weight531 g
- Width177 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byRegina Schneider
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.