All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn all-encompassing introduction to the genres, musicians, instruments and musical events that have shaped the world of music. From the rock and pop of Western youth culture to the haunting sounds of traditional Mongolian throat singers, all humans in all parts of the world make music. Its harmonies affect us in a deep way and its beauty is universal. We have developed hundreds of styles of music played with all kinds of instruments, large and small. The very first instruments were simple flutes made from animal bones, but we soon developed a vast array, making all kinds of sounds. Today we can use the latest computer techlogy to create any sound imaginable, and musicians continue to explore the endless possibilities of music. Presented chrologically to show how music has developed and changed over time, this book pinpoints the musicians, genres and musical events that everyone should kw.
- Author BiographyRob Baker is a music teacher, ethnomusicologist and author who specialises in the social influences on music around the world. His teaching experience has taken him to schools in West Africa, Germany, the UK, Singapore Thailand and the USA. His experience in ethnomusicology has given him an in-depth knowledge of a broad range of musical styles, instruments and traditions from around the world.
- PublisherQED Publishing
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQED Publishing
- Width190 mm
- Height250 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.