Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.91Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $47.52Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $36.25Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.46Trending at AU $28.57
About this product
- DescriptionEarth' s varied environments have been shaped by gigantic forces. Volcaes explode with molten lava from deep in the core, while continental plates rub together to produce violent earthquakes and huge tsunamis. Step inside to explore how our environment works and how we live impacts its changing nature. From the icy poles to the evergreen rainforests, life has found a way to flourish in nearly every environment on Earth. This book explores the startling discoveries of new life forms in extreme environments, such as the strange worlds of the ocean depths. Whilst marvelling the world around us, it also confronts the human impact on the environment. The mounting evidence for global warming is explored and challenges us to work towards a more sustainable future. Packed with facts, diagrams, infographics and photos, this is the perfect introduction to the wonder and intrigue of our environment.
- Author BiographyDR. JEN GREEN is an experienced author of children's information books, having written over 250 books focussing on geography, nature, environment and history. After being awarded a doctorate, Jen worked in publishing for over 15 years, first as an editor and later an editorial director before becoming a full-time freelance writer. She currently resides in West Sussex.
- Author(s)Jen Green
- PublisherQED Publishing
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintQED Publishing
- Width190 mm
- Height250 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.