All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the ancient world, philosopher Archimedes designed new machines for farming. During the Renaissance, artist Leonardo da Vinci sketched his ideas for wondrous flying machines. Scientist James Watt provided ideas that would power the Industrial Revolution, while American inventor Thomas Edison patented more than 1000 inventions that would shape modern life, including the movie camera and the electric light bulb. Today's inventors still explore ideas for new and clever techlogy, producing miniature machines that we can only see under a microscope. Step inside the world of invention and see where it might take us next...
- Author BiographyChris Woodford has an M.A. in Natural Sciences from Cambridge University, where he specialized in physics and experimental psychology. His books have sold over four million copies, been translated into over 20 languages, and won or been shortlisted for over 30 awards. Chris also runs the science education website Explain that Stuff, which serves well over half a million readers a month.
- Author(s)Clive Gifford
- PublisherQed Publishing
- Date of Publication21/09/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series Title50 Things You Should Know about
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQed Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width190 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $32.69
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.62Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.