All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe largest, most comprehensive anthology of its kind, 50 Writers brings together significant, representative stories from every decade of the 20th century. It includes the prose of officially recognised writers and dissidents, well-kwn and neglected or forgotten ones, and new authors at the end of the 20th century. The selections reflect the various literary trends and approaches to depicting reality in the 20th century: traditional realism, modernism, socialist realism, and post-modernism. Taken as a whole, the stories capture every major aspect of Russian life, history and culture in the 20th century. The rich array of themes and styles will be of tremendous interest to students and readers who want to learn about Russia through the engaging genre of the short story.
- Author BiographyValentina Brougher (PhD University of Kansas) is Professor Emerita, Department of Slavic Languages, Georgetown University. Her articles on 20th century Russian writers have been published in major academic journals, and her translations of 20th century prose have appeared in anthologies and special editions. Mark Lipovetsky (PhD Ural State University, Russia) has lived in the USA since 1996 and is an associate professor of Russian Studies at the University of Colorado-Boulder. He is the author of six monographs, numerous articles in major American and Russian journals, and recipient of many grants and fellowships, including a Fulbright, SSRC, and Leverhulme (UK). Frank Miller (PhD Indiana University) is a professor of Slavic Languages at Columbia University and coordinator of the Columbia-Barnard College Russian language program. He is the author or coauthor of several widely-used Russian textbooks and translator of Russian prose.
- PublisherAcademic Studies Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2011
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Series TitleCultural Syllabus
- Place of PublicationBrighton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Studies Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1814 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Translated byValentina Brougher,Frank Miller,Mark Lipovetsky
- Introduction byValentina Brougher,Mark Lipovetsky
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.