All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy w you've probably heard and seen all the positive press about quia - it's w firmly established in the superfoods hall of fame. Not only is quia high in protein (more than any other grain) but the protein it supplies is complete protein, which means it includes all the essential ami acids. It's also an excellent source of magnesium, folate, phosphorus, iron and fibre so it's an ideal ingredient for vegans, vegetarians and flexitarians. And because it's also gluten-free, it's a valuable ingredient for anyone affected by gluten intolerance. Quia naturally has a wonderful texture (reminiscent of couscous) and a delicious nutty flavour, is quick and easy to work with and is w readily and inexpensively available in grocery and health food stores. And because it comes in so many different forms - like puffed, rolled, as a flour or whole (seeds) - it lends itself to a myriad of recipe ideas. Camilla, with her degree in food studies, has created mouthwatering quia recipes suitable for every meal and occasion - these excellent recipes are sure to become a mainstay in home kitchens. Get your breakfast off to an excellent start with either Quia Grala, Chorizo-Quia Hash Browns or a Quick Quia Breakfast Burrito with eugh energy to burn through to the afteron. Your next get-together can be both delicious and nutritious with Smoky Quia-Sausage Sliders, Herbed Cornbread Bites or Quia-Olive Tapenade. These recipes take you from breakfast and appetizers to soups, stews, chillies, meatless mains, lean chicken, meat and fish entrees, to breads, muffins, scones, salads and side dishes. Camilla also includes comprehensive and interesting information on the nutritional values and history of quia along with handy tips and techniques for preparation.
- Author BiographyCamilla V. Saulsbury is a food writer, recipe developer, cooking instructor, fitness trainer and the author of Piece of Cake! Camilla has been featured on the Food Network and QVC, in the New York Times and is a member of the International Association of Culinary Professionals. Camilla's interest in food is also academic. She holds a Ph.D. in sociology with a specialization in food studies.
- Author(s)Camilla V. Saulsbury
- PublisherRobert Rose Inc
- Date of Publication13/12/2012
- SubjectHealth, Dieting & Wholefood Cookery
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRobert Rose Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight975 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.