Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- Description500 Crochet Stitches is both a stitch guide and a how-to-crochet primer, all in one volume. You get all the information needed to get started, including how to choose yarn and needles, read patterns, work basic stitches, how to check gauge, increase and decrease, join pieces and finish projects and care for your crochet items. The comprehensive pattern library includes 500 crochet stitches, including basic stitches using single and double crochet, trebles, and some new techniques to get the fabric you want for that special sweater or hat. Lace and openwork stitches are a starting point for exploring the airy shawls, and afghans crochet is famous for. Use one of the many motifs to create an heirloom blanket, or mix and match motifs to create a truly unique piece. There are also edgings and trims you can use on your crochet and other projects, including sewn items and knitted ones. Each is fully explained with instructions and accompanied by a full-color photo of a sample crocheted swatch. All swatches are worked in updated yarns, beautifully photographed and accompanied by easy-to-follow instructions.Based on The Harmony Guides, which have been a longstanding and valued reference for handcrafters for more than thirty years, with over half a million worldwide sales, this edition is updated with eye-catching photography and invative new stitches, but also never forgetting the heritage of the guides.
- Author BiographyERIKA KNIGHT is a renowned design consultant to the fashion and yarn industry. Originally from a fine art background, she has worked in most areas of knit and fabric design from original concept, garment design, pattern and print through to yarn design and production. She is also the author of Simple Knitting and Simple Crocheting.
- Author(s)Pavilion Books
- PublisherSt. Martin's Griffin
- Date of Publication25/08/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt. Martin's Griffin
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1361 g
- Width224 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.