52 New Things: The Least Famous Nick Thorpe in the World and His Journey to Conquer the Boredom of Modern Life by Nick J. Thorpe (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.96Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $10.40+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen was the last time you tried something truly new? The modern world is full of possibilities, adventures and excitement but also routines. The daily grind can make us forget about the former as we embrace the motony of the latter. It can be hard to extract ourselves from the comforting embrace of our favourite TV programme, food or jumper. For one man, the boredom of this very modern life became too much to bear. And so he challenged himself to do something about it. Starting small, his project soon grew into one life-changing year. 52 New Things is the story of one man who decided to put down the Monster Munch, switch off the TV and do something different. He travelled, he danced, he flew, he drove across continents, but most significantly, he started saying yes to the hilarious and bewildering experiences that life has to offer. And he has the Christmas single, the tattoo and lack of body hair to prove it. 52 New Things is a book that is hard to define. Travelogue meets unconventional self-help book meets personal journey for ensuing hilarity. Nick J. Thorpe's journey to make his life more interesting has hilarious, surprising and often life-affirming consequences. He explores the dizzy array of opportunities that modern life offers with a guiding hand that is both motivational and hilarious. This is a frank, funny, full frontal account of a year's worth of new experiences. It might just inspire you to try some new things your own.* * Even if you don't want to, Nick's adventures and misadventures will have you laughing out of your seat - which could be a new thing in itself.
- Author BiographyNick Thorpe is a journalist, writer and editor. As well as trying new things for a year he has driven a black cab to Mongolia and undertaken a motorcycle tour of Java. His work has been featured by a number of media organisations, including The BBC, The Independent, The Guardian, The Daily Mail, MSN and more. He is still trying new things.
- Author(s)Nick J. Thorpe
- PublisherIndependent Thinking Press
- Date of Publication08/12/2014
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationCarmarthen
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIndependent Thinking Press
- Weight318 g
- Width130 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.