All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dakota language owes much of its expansiveness to its verbs, or action words. yet until w, students of Dakota have had few resources in verb usage and conjugation beyond nineteenth-century dictionaries compiled by missionaries. The book provides students of Dakota -- and the Lakota and Nakota dialects -- the proper conjugations for 550 verbs from adi (to step or walk on) to zo (to whistle). Compiled by Dakota language teachers and students, the book is learner friendly and easy to use. It features clear explanations of Dakota proun and conjugation patterns, tes on traditional and modern usages, and handy Dakota-English and English-Dakota verb lists. Designed to enhance everyday conversation as well as contribute to the revitalisation of this endangered language, '550 Dakota Verbs' is an indispensable resource for all who are interested in Dakota and its dialects.
- Author BiographyHarlan LaFontaine is a recipient of Bush and Kellogg Community Leadership fellowships. A member of South Dakotas Sisseton-Wahpeton Sioux community, he is currently a graduate student in resource management at Central Washington University in Ellensburg. Neil McKay teaches Dakota language classes at the University of Minnesota and at community learning sites. He is a member of North Dakotas Spirit Lake Dakota reservation.
- Author(s)Harlan LaFountaine,Neil McKay
- PublisherMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/04/2005
- LanguageDakota & English
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Place of PublicationSt Paul
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMinnesota Historical Society Press,U.S.
- Weight418 g
- Width255 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.