All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fascinating relationship between drawing and building. Architectural models, long used as tools in developing projects and controlling buildings, or as a way of presenting plans to the client in three-dimensional form, retain all their fascination despite the current predominance of digital images and renderings. The model, in fact, is t just a method of representing a building before it is constructed, but an anticipation of a reality in continual evolution and can be used as a genuine creative instrument, often able to convey an idea in an allegorical or at times abstract way.Through models and their material qualities, projects take on a new dimension, forming an animated landscape open to interpretation that effectively differentiates them from the building that is to be constructed. The models used by the architectural studio 5+1AA for their projects are unique and constitute small objets d'art in their own right.
- Author BiographyAlfonso Femia is a professor of architectural design. He teaches methodology at the University of Genoa and at the Florence Center of Kansas State University. Gianluca Peluffo is a researcher at the University of Genoa. Together with Alfonso Femia, he's a partner in 5+1AA. In 2006 they opened a practice in Milan, and more recently one in Paris. Ernesta Caviola is a photographer. During the last six years she's been carrying out research into the revealing attitude of the body in interior photography.
- Author(s)Alfonso Femia,Ernesta Caviola,Gianluca Peluffo
- Date of Publication08/08/2014
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- Weight885 g
- Width183 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.