All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- Description60,001+ NAMES - 222 Lists Your Trusted Resource 60,001+ Best Baby Names is the essential resource you need to find the perfect name for your baby. This invaluable book includes t only Hollywood's latest picks (think Nahla and Max) and modern trends in baby naming, but also thousands of classic and traditional names that even Grandma will like. Creative lists, indispensable information, and thousands of options will help you choose the right name for your baby. Over 60,001 names, with meanings, origins, and derivations Over 200 thought-provoking lists The most popular names for boys and girls (and twins!) Worksheets for parents to list their favorites Hollywood's hottest names Ethnic names from around the world From the #1 Bestselling Baby Name Author! Offering more value and more names for your money, 60, 001+ Best Baby Names is every expectant parent's naming nirvana.
- Author BiographyAuthor of the wildly popular books 40,001 Best Baby Names and 50,001 Best Baby Names, magazine editor (five times running) and book editor. Diane Stafford has 25 years of experience in writing and editing-but nothing has rivaled the indecent amount of fun involved in turning out a third edition, called 60,001+ Best Baby Names, with 10,000 more names for readers. Adding names from numerous sources, including radio talk-show listeners who called in when Stafford did first edition interviews, this high-energy author gamely enlarged the scope of a book already filled with great names, fun anecdotes, and baby-naming tips. Today people are more creative than ever when it comes to naming their babies, notes Stafford. Though it may be hard to believe, the fact is, every name in this book belongs to someone out there-even ones as off-the-wall as Dijonaise, Zero, and Oddrun. Although the traditional favorites like Emma and Joshua still reign supreme, lots of people enjoy making up names for their kids, thus adding to the huge universe of options. While name inventing is controversial- people even talk about it at cocktail parties-my feeling is that you have every right to relish choosing a name for your baby. Sure, take it seriously, but not too seriously. Stafford adds, Having a baby is absolutely the most wonderful thing that can happen to a person, and I hope this book reflects my enormous respect for parents and my celebration of the special privilege of parenting. Living with her husband, Civil Court judge Greg Munoz, in sunny Newport Beach, California, Stafford-a transplant from Houston, Texas-writes and edits books. Her published books include: Migraines For Dummies, Potty Training For Dummies, The Encyclopedia of STDs, No More Panic Attacks, 1000 Best Job-Hunting Secrets, The Vitamin D Cure (with Jim Dowd, M.D.) and her latest, 60,001 Best Baby Names. Four of these books were co-authored with Stafford's daughter, Jennifer Shoquist, M.D.; her job-hunting book co-author was Moritza Day.
- Author(s)Diane Stafford
- PublisherSourcebooks, Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNaperville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSourcebooks, Inc
- Out-of-print date27/02/2012
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight572 g
- Width177 mm
- Height179 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.