60 Technical Training Activities for 8-18 Year Old Soccer Players by David Newbery (Paperback / softback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.53Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $58.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description60 technical training activities for 8-18 year old soccer players, is an ideal resource for coaches working with 8-18 year old players and includes 60 coaching activities expertly illustrated in full color. To assist coaches choose the right activity based on the ability and readiness of players, we have included the 'Competency Matrix' from the NSCAA Player Development Curriculum. For each activity we have identified the most appropriate Stage/s of Development and listed the primary performance competencies. The manual supports the NSCAA 'Top Ten Series', an eLearning program offered by NSCAA in 2014, featuring 6 topics related to technical development of players 8-18 years old. To see the on-demand recordings of these presentations and to learn more about NSCAA eLearning, visit www.NSCAA.com/eLearning. Six NSCAA Instructors contributed to this manual and they provide an abundance of coaching tips and their guidance to adapt the content to change the level of difficulty to more or less challenging. This is an excellent resource for an experienced and vice coach alike. Edited by David Newbery - eLearning Coordinator, NSCAA Topics and Contributors Top 10 Futsal activities to develop speed of play in the modern game; Bill Sampaio - National Director, US Futsal. Top 10 Passing activities to improve first touch and speed of play; Eddie Henderson - Academy Director, Puget Sound Premier League. Top 10 Ways to connect agility and technical development into a warm-up; Lang Wedemeyer - Women's Head Coach, South Dakota State University. Top 10 1v1 to 3v3 transition activities; Neil Hull - NSCAA National Staff and NSCAA Texas State Director. Top 10 Technical training activities for creative players; Ricky King - Coaching Education Administrator, New York Red Bulls. Top 10 Activities for coaching defending in pairs and units; Felicity Smith-Day - NSCAA Academy Staff and Director of Coaching, John Smith Soccer Academy.
- Author BiographySince 1988, David has studied and worked in youth education, soccer development and coaching. A former University Professor and CEO of a Youth Sports Company, David has been fortunate to travel extensively in the USA, meeting with coaches and club officials and learning about their approach to player development and coaching. David oversees the NSCAA eLearning program and is Coordinator for NSCAA Club Standards Project. David developed the 5 Stage of Development Pathway, used as a framework for the NSCAA Player Development Curriculum model, in 2007 (an adaptation of the LTAD model from Canada). He contributes articles regularly to soccer publications, has written books focusing on player and coach development and presents at national soccer events. In a volunteer capacity David operates a youth soccer program for player's age 3 to 11 in Connecticut and Rhode Island.
- Author(s)David Newbery
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight218 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $91.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.