All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloping and maintaining a disciplined management system provides any organization with a blueprint for exceptional performance and success. Indeed, for larger multinational corporations, a management system is a critical component for sustainable growth and performance management. In this book, the authors discuss a series of fundamentals for creating an operationally excellent management system (OEMS). The book also examines the business performance impact of an OEMS across leading gas and oil organizations, such as Exxon Mobil, BP, Suncor, and Chevron. In 7 Fundamentals of an Operationally Excellent Management System, the authors discuss each fundamental in detail and provide the supporting training and workshop materials that are essential for integrating these fundamentals into the business processes of the organization. The seven fundamentals identified by the authors provide a sequential approach for developing and executing an OEMS across any organization. Integrating sound organizational and business practices with personnel and process safety management principles, the book is an invaluable resource for organizations seeking operational discipline and excellence. Well-supported with graphics and practical examples, the book provides a simple pathway for an organization to evolve its management system into an OEMS designed to reduce workplace incidents and improve business performance on a sustainable basis. The management system principles discussed in the book are intended for the business leader who is motivated to transition his or her organization from ordinary, through best in class, to an organization of world-class stature and performance.
- Author BiographyDr. Chitram (Chit) Lutchman (Principal Author) - DBA-Doctor of Business Administration, MBA, Certified Safety Specialist (CSP), Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), 1st Class Power Engineer, BSc Agriculture Sciences. Chit Lutchman, a 2011 recipient of the prestigious McMaster Arch Award for unique and exceptional contributions to Canada, is an experienced safety professional with extensive frontline and leadership experience in the energy industry. Having sustained some disability from an industrial work accident, Dr. Lutchman developed a passion for improving health and safety in the workplace. With international oil and gas experience, he has experienced the two extremes of organizational health and safety practices and business performance. As a prior employee of Suncor Energy Inc., (Canada's largest oil and gas producer), he pioneered work within his organization aimed at improving contractor health and safety management. In prior roles, Dr. Lutchman has functioned as a corporate leader in loss management and emergency response. He also functioned in project management leadership roles in the commissioning and start-up of Canada's first commercial SAGD and cogeneration facility in Fort McMurray, Alberta. He published his first book, Project Execution: A Practical Approach to Industrial and Commercial Project Management, in 2010. In 2012 /2013, he was the principal author of: Safety Management: A Comprehensive Approach to Developing a Sustainable System and Process Safety Management - Leveraging Networks and Communities of Practice for Continuous Improvement respectively. He is also the principal author of this book and has coordinated the contributions of his coauthors to provide readers with this practical package of knowledge, which can contribute significantly to improving the health and safety of all workers, including new graduates, safety professionals, and business leaders and contractors. Dr. Lutchman is also passionate about sharing knowledge in an organized way in the areas of HSSE, PSM, and management systems to ensure the health and safety of our most precious assets-people (in particular, Generation Y), while generating support for superior business performance for all stakeholders. Douglas J. Evans - P.Eng, BSc., Engineering, B Chemical Engineering, P. Eng. APEGA Doug Evans is a graduate of Dalhousie University and the Technical University of Nova Scotia with BSc and chemical engineering degrees in 1974 and 1976, respectively. He established his working career in the oil industry with Texaco Canada in Montreal, Quebec. During his employment with Texaco, Imperial Oil, Petro-Canada, and now Suncor, he has had the opportunity to experience Canada's cultural and geographic variety, with multiple work assignments in eastern and western Canada. Evans has held a variety of senior leadership roles in the areas of engineering, technology, strategic planning, supply, and operations management over his 38-year career. More recently, he was appointed general manager of technical services in Suncor's corporate offices after the merger with Petro-Canada. This role involves providing a center of excellence in process engineering and operations controls to support safe, reliable, and low-cost operations at all of Suncor's operating facilities and for enhanced business performance. His current focus is leveraging Suncor's Technical Excellence Networks to capture and share knowledge and best practices and to generate continuous improvements in the business. He also has responsibility for stewarding process safety standards compliance and risk reduction across Suncor. Evans is currently a member of the AFPM Process Safety Workgroup, which is focused on enabling improved process safety performance in the North American refining industry. His passion for process safety management and risk reduction was also well utilized to drive deep organizational learnings across Petro-Canada as a result of the BP Texas City
- Author(s)Chitram Lutchman,Douglas Evans,Rohanie Maharaj,Waddah Shihab Ghanem Al Hashemi
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication03/02/2015
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note290 black & white illustrations, 17 black & white tables
- Weight839 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $22.63Trending at AU $23.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.