All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is an analysis of the controversial Emergency Ecomic Stabilization Act and explains in easy to understand language what the bailout bill means for individuals. $700 Billion Bailout answers questions such as:* What does the bill say, exactly?* Who is making decisions about how the $700 billion will be spent, and what does it mean w that the government is investing directly in our banks?* Who's footing the bill?* What is the impact on homeowners, businesses, retirement, and taxes?* Where do I put my money in the meantime? Veteran reporter Paul Muolo shows both the challenges and opportunities of the credit crisis and proposed bailout, including its impact on:*Mortgages: While rates may be lower, there will be more fees imposed on mortgages. Lenders will be far more cautious in lending, and people who cant meet their mortgages are likely to lose these homes. This may create a contrarian plays in foreclosures and vacation homes..*Stocks and Other Investments: Is w the time to get into the stock market or is it safer to stick with CDs, bonds, and gold?* Taxes: With the tax breaks, there will be less tax revenue leading to a huge shortfall to the government over the next few years. He will offer insight into these areas and many others, including how the structure of the bailout bill allows for unprecedented authority that has altered the financial landscape, perhaps permanently. Will the plan work, and how we can prevent this from happening again remains to be seen, but with $700 Billion Bailout Paul Muolo gives us a critical tool for deciphering perhaps the most sweeping piece of legislation since the Patriot Act.
- Author BiographyPaul Muolo is Executive Editor of National Mortgage News and coauthor of the eye-opening Chain of Blame, which has received very strong coverage in both print and online. His freelance work has appeared in the New York Times, the Washington Post, and Barron's. Muolo has been a guest financial expert on numerous media outlets, including CNN, CNBC, ABC, and Fox Business Network.
- Author(s)Paul Muolo
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/01/2009
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Weight262 g
- Width155 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.