Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.58Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEssential grammar taught simply and directly. 750 French Verbs and Their Uses gives you the backbone of language study ---- correct verb usage ---- by showing verb conjugations in their contexts. To understand the value of such an approach, consider the English verb to hold, the meaning of which can change dramatically when used in expressions such as hold on, hold up, hold off, and hold down ; in French, as students of the language have perennially learned to their frustration, the changes are far broader and apply to many more verbs. Now you wona t have to guess how a verb is used in a sentence: 750 French Verbs and Their Uses gives you all the correct variations and grammatical interrelationships. Correct usages are illustrated in common phrases and idiomatic expressions. Unusual or troublesome expressions are emphasized throughout. And special attention is given to reflexive verbs (often difficult for English speakers) to make their usage clear. Perfect for students and travelers, ideal as a text, a grammar book and a reference, 750 French Verbs and Their Uses will help you t only to conjugate verbs, but also to use them correctly and comprehensibly. Series Editors: Jan R. Zamir, PhD, and Sonia Zamir, MA Also available in the series: 750 German Verbs and Their Uses and 750 Spanish Verbs and Their Uses.
- Author BiographyJAN R. ZAMIR, PhD, is the series editor and coauthor of the 750 Verbs books. He holds a doctorate in linguistics from the University of Illinois at Urbana, and has been teaching languages for 22 years. JEAN-PHILIPPE MATHY studied at the Ecole Normale Superieure in Paris and holds a doctorate from the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales. He is a professor of French at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. ROSEMARY McCLUSKEY has been teaching French and English as a second language in France and the United States for more than 10 years.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication16/10/1992
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight606 g
- Width156 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJan R. Zamir,Jean-Philippe Mathy,Rosemary McCluskey,Sonia Nelson Zamir
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.48Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.52Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.