All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWant to read a short story that you can enjoy over a cup of tea? Ellen de Voss presents 8 beautiful and inspiring short stories to be enjoyed by all. Ellen is a colourful character, called the Clown Princess in her younger years, she has been involved in The Arts all her life. Enjoy this wonderful collection of stories.
- Author BiographyKnown affectionately by her family and friends as Elle, she was born a tick after midnight on the 14th of June, 1924, which meant she came into this world under the sign of Gemini, not just a border-line Gemini, she was the total embodiment of that sign, a dual personality in every sense of the word, both a *Clown* and a Princess. From an early age, she developed a sense of the ridiculous an ability which enabled her to break up tense situations whether at home, in the office or anywhere in the world where she happened to be; to write zany terse verse; birthday greeting cards, produce stage shows for Bowling Clubs and Golf Clubs utilising the talent that abounded in those organisations. Because of these attributes, she was head-hunted in her early working life, by J. Walter Thompson Advertising Agency the then largest Advertising Agency in Australia, to join the Unit responsible for the production of Australia's top rating night-time Radio Program Australia's Amateur Hour, compered by the incomparable Dick Fair. Her role was to interview potential artists each week and write scripts for the compere to use as introductory material for the program each Thursday night. The clever, witty introductory comments soon became a feature of the program so much so she was promoted to the role of Producer. It was through her involvement with this Program she discovered her love for writing and began writing short stories as a hobby based on these experiences.
- Author(s)Ellen De Voss
- Date of Publication07/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight73 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.