80 Lessons Learned: On the Road from $80,000 to $80,000,000 by MR Thomas Beyer (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.54Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $37.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHaving started in earnest in 1997 in real estate with a single rental pooled condo, then growing to over $100M in assets with over 1000 tenants, then surviving and thriving through a brutal worldwide recession, one has some battle scars. Real estate is t only up up up but also down down down for a while and to attract over $40M in investor capital from 600+ investors without losing a cent one has to get a few things right. This book is about a few of the critical lessons learned - t only in real estate but also in life as a father and husband, in an IT career with a multinational corporation and a start-up software firm but also in a failed wireless and restaurant venture. Here's what two other mentors of Thomas Beyer and best selling authors, Don R Campbell and Greg Habstritt, have to say about the book: There is a hard and fast rule in life, business and personal relationships, a rule that governs my choices. This simple yet very effective rule helps me stay focused on what works and allows me to propel myself forward in all aspects of life, while at the same time keeping me away from unwanted and frankly dangerous distractions. Most importantly, it helps me choose who to listen to and whose advice to take. I call this rule The Final 30 Feet Rule. The Final 30 Feet Rule states: Never take advice from someone who has t already successfully accomplished what you want to be successful at. For a comedian, it means do t listen to anyone who hasn't walked that final 30 feet from behind the curtain to standing alone in front of an audience. For investors or business owners, it means the only people worth listening to are those who have created business or investing success that far surpasses yours. Who Is Your Trail Guide? By following this rule, you quickly eliminate most of the authors, advice givers or coaches because so many of them are theorists, with limited success in business. If I am on a dangerous and unfamiliar trail, I don't want a guide who just has an idea about the trail, I want a guide who kws the trail like the back of their hand. They've been on the trail many times and they kw the twists, turns and dangerous spots. Why is this important for you to understand as you consider this book? Simply, the author of this book, Thomas Beyer, is on my very small list of people who fit this description. I continually learn from him. To name just a few of the lessons included in this book: Don't Confuse Getting Things Done with Doing Them Yourself The Phases of Cleaning Up Your Life Messes The Anatomy of Uncomfortable Change Asking Questions Separates You from the Crowd How to Choose a Partner Green Money vs. Red & Blue Money When I look for insights into my business or investments I make sure that I speak with Thomas as part of my diligence. He is successful in business, in personal relationships and in real estate investing and in this book he shares 80 tips that will help propel you forward-as many of them have done along my journey. Pick up the book, listen to someone who has already cleared the path forward with his own hard work and your journey will become much clearer. Don R. Campbell Investor, Bestselling Author & Philanthropist www.DonRCampbell.com =============== Having kwn Thomas and watched his investing closely for more than 7 years, I've had the pleasure of seeing him emerge as one of the most pragmatic, thoughtful and strategic investors in Canada. He's never afraid of making a tough decision, admitting a mistake, or helping a new investor learn the ropes. Not only is Thomas a role model for so many investors, he's both a mentor and a friend to me, and I'm thrilled to see him finally share his wisdom and insight with this book. It's a rare exception of a truly successful professional sharing the secrets of success t just in business and investing, but in life as well. Greg Habstritt, Best Selling Author, The RRSP Secret Founder
- Author BiographyThomas Beyer arrived in Canada in 1986 with less than $1,000 in his jeans to pursue his MBA at the University of Alberta. Building multiple businesses-including one with more than $100 million in assets today-was not just far from his mind, it had never even occurred to him then. Working his way through various software engineering and technology marketing careers he left IBM in 1997 to grow a software and consulting firm with a partner in California. He eventually arrived at real estate investing, in parallel to his software start-up career in earnest in 2000, after 10 years of saying, Gee, I should really do something in real estate. He started with a single rental pooled condo for $80,000, then grew the initial successes with his own money, and later investor & operating partners into an investment group with more than $100 million in assets with around 1,000 suites, and an associated property management company managing over 1,500 units. The author now lives with his wife in Vancouver, BC, Canada but travels frequently to Alberta to inspect the group's holdings, to visit their two adult children in Edmonton and to smell the clean, conservative, low tax non-unionized air.
- Author(s)MR Thomas Beyer
- PublisherPrestigious Properties
- Date of Publication12/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrestigious Properties
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.72Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.