All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere is better terrain in which to examine the differences between two cultures than language. Every language has concepts, ideas, words and idioms that are nearly impossible to translate into ather language. This new book looks at nearly 100 such Russian words and offers paths to their understanding and translation by way of examples from literature and everyday life. A key to understanding ather language, ather culture, is figuring out what cant be kwn, but only felt. In this compact and useful volume, difficult to translate words and concepts are introduced with dictionary definitions, then elucidated with citations from literature, speech and prose, helping the student of Russian comprehend the word/concept in context. Added bonus: Includes an extensive chart of Old Russian Measurements you may meet in literature -- from the common arshin, to the less kwn charka -- with modern conversions. An invaluable reference tool. - Publisher.
- Author(s)Natalia Gogolitsyna
- PublisherRussian Information Services, Inc.
- Date of Publication15/11/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRussian Information Services, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight122 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byNora Favorov,Paul Richardson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.44
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.