All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionAt the University of Michigan, the Heisman Memorial Trophy is t the goal in any given season. The goals were clear: BEAT OHIO STATE, win the Big Ten, and win in Pasadena. The modern era goals are to BEAT OHIO STATE, win the Big Ten, and win the BCS Championship Game. This team focus outlined by Michigan's Legendary Coach remains the battle cry of a proud TEAM. Bo made it pretty clear that it isn't about the Heisman at Michigan. Through the years however, there have been legendary performances that elevated Michigan TEAMS to greater heights. Three of these earned the most prestigious individual award in all of College Athletics, The Heisman Trophy. 98-21-2 reviews the careers and historic seasons of: #98 Tom Harmon 1940, #21 Desmond Howard 1991, and #2 Charles Woodson 1997. It also covers the others who've come close. 21 total Michigan players have finished in the Top 10 voting for the award, and they are all covered in this story from 1940 to today. From Harry Newman (who's Harry Newman?) to Shoelace, learn the complete history of Michigan and the Heisman. This book is a must read for any Michigan fan, and will evoke memories of some of the greatest moments in Wolverine Football History. Learn about the statistics, plays, and events that led these men to the Downtown Athletic Club in New York City and beyond from war heroes to today's big hearted philanthropists.
- Author BiographyMartin Gallagher is a lifelong Michigan Fan and Team Historian. A Xavier University Graduate, he may be Michigan's first Heisman expert. Although he is a fan, he's an educated one. This in depth story about the Wolverines will take even the biggest Michigan fan down memory lane reviewing some of the greatest players and moments in Michigan Football History. A proud Michigander and former Army Captain, he currently resides in North Carolina with his wife.
- Author(s)Martin John Gallagher
- Date of Publication27/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.