Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.23+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEdith Wharton, the first woman to win the Pulitzer Prize, vividly reflects on her public and private life in this stunning memoir. With richness and delicacy, it describes the sophisticated New York society in which Wharton spent her youth, and chronicles her travels throughout Europe and her literary success as an adult. Beautifully depicted are her friendships with many of the most celebrated artists and writers of her day, including her close friend Henry James. In his introduction to this edition, Louis Auchincloss calls the writing in A Backward Glance as firm and crisp and lucid as in the best of her vels. It is a memoir that will charm and fascinate all readers of Wharton s fiction.
- Author BiographyEdith Wharton was born in 1862 into one of New York's older and richer families and was educated here and abroad. Her works include the Pulitzer Prize-winning The Age of Innocence and Ethan Frome, The House of Mirth, and Summer. As a keen observer and chronicler of society, she is without peer. Edith Wharton died in France in 1937.
- Author(s)Edith Wharton
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication22/06/1998
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine29 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.21Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $127.53
- AU $21.07Trending at AU $22.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.