All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe current environment of zero-cost money, concentrated bank power, and anaemic productive growth has coalesced t by accident or ecomic cycle but by wilful choice. Das warns that without significant change, the only possible future holds dire consequences for all but an elite few. His tone is as urgent as the problem. All central bankers, politicians, and citizens should heed his words. Nomi Prins, author of Other People's Money and All the Presidents' Bankers Written with passion and insight, and laden with facts, the book provides a clear explanation of the ecomic, social, and political issues that lie ahead, and the difficulty in solving them. Jon Markman, Forbes columnist and president and publisher of Markman Capital Insight A Banquet of Consequences is an intricately researched, decisively written and devastating analysis of today's ecomy. Satyajit Das connects disparate strands of a story, and in doing so delivers a damning critique of global ecomic policies of the last 50 years. He argues that governments and citizens of every political hue are w so addicted to growth and resistant to change, that a prolonged period of chronic stagnation, sustained by large infusions of monetary morphine and continuous interventions, or an unavoidable financial, political and social breakdown are the only possible outcomes.
- Author BiographySatyajit Das is an internationally respected expert in finance with over 30 years' experience. He has worked for the 'sell side' (Citicorp Investment Bank and Merrill Lynch), the 'buy side' (as Treasurer of the TNT Group), and as a consultant advising banks, investors, corporations, and central banks worldwide. Das was selected as one of the 50 most influential financial thinkers in the world by Bloomberg in 2014.
- Author(s)Satyajit Das
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication18/02/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleFinancial Times Series
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFT Publishing International
- Weight664 g
- Width158 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.