All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author surveys Bion's publications and elaborates on his key contributions in depth while also critiquing them. The scope of this work is to sypsize, synthesize, and extend Bion's works in a reader-friendly manner. The book presents his legacy - his most important ideas for psychoanalysis. These ideas need to be kwn by the mental health profession at large. This work highlights and defines the broader and deeper implications of his works.It presents his ideas faithfully and also uses his ideas as launching pads for the author's conjectures about where his ideas point. This includes such ideas as the Language of Achievement , reverie, truth, O, and transformations - in, of, and from it, but also L, H, and K linkages (to show how Bion rerouted Freud's instinctual drives to emotions), container/contained, Bion's ideas on dreaming, becoming, thoughts without a thinker, the Grid, his erasure of the distinction between Freud's, primary and secondary processes and the pleasure and reality principles, reversible perspective, shifting vertices, bicular vision, contact-barrier, the replacement of consciousness and unconsciousness with infinity and finiteness, Bion's use of models, his distinction between mentalization and thinking, as well as many other items.
- Author BiographyJames S. Grotstein, M.D. was Professor of Psychiatry, U.C.L.A School of Medicine, and a training and supervising analyst at the Los Angeles Psychoanalytic Institute and at The Psychoanalytic Centre of California. He was a member of the editorial board of the 'International Journal of Psychoanalysis' and was past North American Vice-President of the International Psychoanalytical Association. He published over 250 papers and was the author or editor/co-editor of numerous books.
- Author(s)James S. Grotstein
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight644 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.