All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the author and her partner were offered the chance of spending five months teaching English in a remote village high in the Himalayas of Nepal they grabbed the life changing opportunity. A Beard In Nepal is the story of the time they spent living in the small, isolated village of Shalle, which is almost untouched by Western civilisation, and in manic, crowded, isy Kathmandu. A compulsive read, often humorous, we follow the couple from Liverpool as they struggle with the daily challenges of altitude sickness, severely restricted diet, and close encounters with wild tigers. The book describes their often comic attempts to teach English to a group of lively youngsters in a wooden hut in a forest, using blackboard and chalk, and without the benefit of electricity, water or toilet! Worldwide.
- Author BiographyFiona is married to Tod with whom in 2009 she spent 5 months in Nepal teaching English in an isolated village. They returned there in 2011. Those trips have changed their lives. Fiona is a working medium and gives private readings. She also works part time in an office in inner city Liverpool, dealing with the public. Her feet are firmly planted on the ground.
- Author(s)Fiona Roberts
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication26/10/2012
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.92Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.