A Beginner's Guide to Investing: How to Grow Your Money the Smart and Easy Way by Alex H Frey, Alex Frey, Ivy Bytes (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.47Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhether you're a complete investing vice or just confused about all the contradictory advice out there, A Beginner's Guide to Investing is an accessible guide to growing your money the smart and easy way. Throw away the get-rich quick schemes that never work and turn off the financial news and it's constant ise. Whether your dream is protecting your assets in a turbulent market or growing your wealth so that you can retire in style, this book is the blueprint. You can be a successful investor - really. Join Ivy Bytes, an invative start-up dedicated to creating accessible content on crucial issues, and Alex Frey, a lifelong investor and Harvard MBA, as they show you: - How you can realistically expect to double your money every 7-10 years - Why most investors achieve stunningly poor returns on their money - and how to avoid turning into one of them - How to choose an investment account that you can keep for the rest of your life - How to out-perform the vast majority of professional investors while taking less risk - How to quickly create a portfolio of diversified ETFs (exchange traded funds) - How to put in as few as three to five hours every year on your investing - and still beat 80% of investors - Why you may t be properly diversified in holding the most popular index mutual funds - How endowments like Yale university have consistently beaten the overall stock market - and what you can learn from them - Why the vast majority of mutual funds fail to live up to their promise - Why your financial adviser and mutual fund manager might be getting more rich than you off of your investments - What the terms beta and alpha mean - and why understanding them is critical to retiring rich - How to maximize your tax savings by using a 401(k) and IRA - When and how to re-balance your portfolio - How to have the confidence to manage your money for life - And more. About the Authors Alex Frey has been engrossed in the investing world since the age of 16. He has served previously as a research analyst for a major mutual fund company. Alex has successfully passed all three Chartered Financial Analyst examinations, and has an MBA from the Harvard Business School. He lives in San Francisco, CA. When he is t writing, he enjoys reading, investing, and doing just about anything outdoors. Ivy Bytes is an invative start-up building authoritative, yet accessible guides to subjects in the fields of politics, current events, ecomics, and finance. Ivy Bytes books are thoroughly researched and extensively fact-checked, so that you can be sure you are getting the latest in mainstream thought - t misguided conspiracy theories or reckless self-promotion.
- Author BiographyAlex Frey has been engrossed in the investing world since the age of 16. He has served previously as a research analyst for a major mutual fund company. Alex has successfully passed all three Chartered Financial Analyst examinations, and has an MBA from the Harvard Business School. He lives in San Francisco, CA. When he is not writing, he enjoys reading, investing, and doing just about anything outdoors. Ivy Bytes is a publishing label that builds authoritative, yet accessible guides to subjects in the fields of politics, current events, economics, and finance. Ivy Bytes books are thoroughly researched and extensively fact-checked, so that you can be sure you are getting the latest in mainstream thought.
- Author(s)Alex Frey,Alex H Frey,Ivy Bytes
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication05/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMoney & Consumer Issues
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight147 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.